Saturday, September 17, 2011

Don't Feed The Mouth That Bites You

I'm finding myself running in circles
that run into walls
and I stumble backwards
wondering how I got where
I seem to be now
because I can't remember
quite where I was going

There once was a time
when I was so certain
of where I was going
and where I had been
but that time is long gone
my path's long since been convoluted
and the one who erased the trail
stands before me now offering direction

How can I take the hand that dropped me?
How can I trust the mouth that lied?
What can I say in explanation
you'll never know just what you took
Do you know what you left behind
back on the day I can't erase from my mind?

I've had to learn to stand up again
after falling so very far
What do you expect for me to do now?
I'm stumbling, yes, but at least now I'm walking

No comments:

Post a Comment