Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Broken Mirrors Still Reflect

hesitant to go to sleep with nightmares that run rampant in my brain
but opening my eyes I see them still plainly before me
nightmares awake and asleep and in between
I'm stuck in a parallel world from where I used to be
I can see you here and hear your voice but you're stuck behind a broken glass
its a mirror of sorts and your image's warped but its you all the same
as you've always been
out of my pain I ran away in a blinded rage and stumbled upon my current fate and here I lie confused and alone but not alone and yet more alone than ever before
curiouser and curiouser I find my lot to be
as my past runs along ahead and my present lags behind
and the weight of current situations threaten to drown me yet
I long for freedom, long for choices, choices others always make for me
my heart lays in shards spread across a long table
a buffet line for all who walk by
but the one hand who comes bearing a question mark
makes more sense than those offering answers

No comments:

Post a Comment