Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bleed It Out And Move On

I'm starting over
and I'm moving on
I can breathe again
I am not a pawn
nothing holds me now
no one's telling me lies
seeing the future ahead
through my own eyes
you do not define me
I am flying free
no more silly promises
can ever hold me
I have found something
much more real than you
and I am chasing it
and I can see its true
my future is uncertain
I've never been more relieved
I'm over making plans
because I think you'd agree
that plans fall through
so I'm not planning this one
I'm living it out
day by day having fun
laughing and learning
and taking some chances
and letting go of fear
and dancing life's dances
I'm unstoppable
I will learn to trust again
and I will learn to love
you won't hold me back, old friend
See, I know who I am
where've I've been, what I need
and with every new pain
I've learned how to bleed
in a way that leaves scars
but drains me of the past
and I'm moving along
towards my future so fast
that I look back and see you
far away in the distance
and can now realize
I don't need your assistance
your lofty compliments
or empty poetic lines
you can't charm me again
because I now see the signs
I find you're not needed
take your game to another
I've moved on, you've moved on
so its time for one other
who doesn't feel abused
when I offer my care
and who honestly seems to be
straight from my prayers
so have a nice life
I hope you sleep well
I hope you keep on
I hope you're days' swell
this is goodbye now
you won't see me around
and when you wonder why
just remember the sound
of your voice once saying
"I'll always love you so"
and then your voice saying
"its time for me to go"

No comments:

Post a Comment