Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Never Was Good At Mental Math

I'm counting the days since I last cried that way
and its a much bigger number than I'm used to
and I'm counting the smiles that you put on my face
and its a much bigger number than I'm used to

I'm counting the things about you that inspire me
to entirely give up on the fears held inside me
and its a number so large I don't know what to do with it
so I guess I'll keep on running the impossible equation

Because what can I do when the numbers don't add up
to the expectations I previously set for them
and what can I do when my plans go askew
'cause you walked right in and flipped them upside-down

See, the trouble lies here in the mental math I'm doing
I've learned lots from the past -like that numbers don't lie
but this new kinda math that you're starting to teach me
shows that infinity might be within my arms length of reaching

You're all sorts of trouble just waiting to happen
and I think I'll need more than a calculator to figure you out
But all of a sudden I've seemed to take a liking
to the strange sort of math that you're bringing about

No comments:

Post a Comment