Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bring It.

I am not who I once was.
For that matter, I am not who I was yesterday.
Tomorrow, I will be someone else.
This might have previously worried be, but today it only serves to excite me.

I have not always liked myself.
I have not always been a "good person."
I am not proud of my past.
I do not wish to return to it.
I have hurt people.
I have been hurt by people.
I have made countless mistakes.

However, I refuse to hold regrets.
I refuse to hold grudges.
I have let so much go and I won't pick it up again.
I have no where to go but forward, so I will.

I find myself at a transitional point in my life once again.
Here I face my last first day ever.
Its frightening.
Its exciting.
I'm ready.

I'm ready to learn a lot.
I'm ready to follow God.
I'm ready to have fun.
I'm ready to be in shows.
I'm ready to do what I love.
I'm ready to be with those I love.
I'm ready to be honest.
I'm ready to avoid needless conflict.
I'm ready to show God's love.
I'm ready to let go of fear.
I'm ready to forgive and forget.
I'm ready to move on and move up.
I'm ready to grow up.
I'm ready for one more year.

I don't plan on wasting a single second of this year on:
fears
arguments
anger
regret
grudges
strife
revenge
tears

I believe in living and learning.
I have lived a lot recently.
I have learned a lot recently.
Time to apply my latest lessons.

Here's to Senior Year.

Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm proud of you and will def be praying for you this year

    ReplyDelete