Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolute

Absence makes the heart grow fonder
or so the saying goes
but if we're being honest
I'd say that breathing makes the heart grow fonder
in my case, anyway
because I can't take more than a couple breaths
without wishing you were with me
It's astonishing the way in which
the brain makes associations
and how little things I run across
like burritos
and djembes
and pebbles
and lit trees
and shoelaces
and white pizza
and ice cream
and rock nature
and lone benches
and empty parks
and swingsets
and car rides
and certain songs
and white roses
all make me think of you
despite the distance
and the past
and the present
and the future
and the unknowns
and the uncertainties
and the impossibilities
or maybe because of those things
yes, definitely because of those things
it was because of all of those things
that I blew my midnight-wish-kiss to you

No comments:

Post a Comment