Friday, October 1, 2010

Shades of Grey

If we aren't meant to be 
can someone please explain to me
why things keep happening this way?

when i close my eyes
its your face i see

when i stretch out my hands
its your fingers i feel for

when i'm all alone 
its your embrace i desire

when i listen in the silence
your voice rings through
singing and soothing and comforting
challenging and questioning and loving
making me see myself in a whole new way

you were the rose colored lenses 
held over my eyes
and now that you're gone
my world has returned to shades of grey

what we had was nothing
what we had was everything
what did we have?

it was a fleeting moment
a breath held as we dove underwater
but the breath never lasts
and now we've resurfaced 

and now its all over

we've washed up on the shore 
and we look at each other wondering....

did we really just hold the same breath
did we really just dream the same dream
did we really just think the same thoughts
live the same lives
feel the same love

but now its over

welcome back to shore
welcome back to greyscale
welcome back to reality

No comments:

Post a Comment