Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Look, Don't Touch

i'm just a fragile princess 
to be seen but never touched
locked away in my tower
for my own good

don't let me make decisions
don't let me speak at all
i'll sit back here 
the silent figurehead
you do all the thinking
and the talking
and the deciding
i'm far too young
and too naive 
i hardly know right from wrong
a baby to be cared for
and coddled
please take my hand and lead the way
because you never taught me how to crawl

can you imagine what would happen
if allowed to be myself?
if allowed to make decisions?
certainly i'm not ready for that
so for the time being i'll let you lead

but don't think i don't hear the words you say
even when spoken behind my back
don't think i don't know your real opinion of me
when talking to all your advisors 
…..but its for my own good
don't i get it?
its okay though, i'm not expected to understand
this is all just a bit too complicated for me
i'm a little slow
i can't stand on my own
thank goodness you're here for me
or else i might have to learn how to walk...



why am i so fragile?
maybe because i've never had the chance to live

No comments:

Post a Comment