Saturday, October 2, 2010

Heart-Cage

The feelings inside me
intense and strong 
cannot be contained
and i feel i will burst

My heart is an iron cage
meant to hold them all in
but what happens when there are simply too many 
swirling and pounding 
and screaming and crying
and pushing their way out?

How long will the cage hold?

The pressure built up inside 
can't stay contained forever

How can a volcano be tamed? 
How can an explosion be controlled?

My heart-cage aches and groans 
as the emotions inside
beat and pound against its bars

Every day I think of you
Every night I dream of you 
and every time I do
its just one more pound
How many pounds before the heart-cage breaks?

Are you still thinking of me?
Are you still dreaming of me?

That one small hope holds my heart-cage together
at least for a little bit longer

No comments:

Post a Comment