Friday, October 1, 2010

One Way Mirror

I was fine
I was content
or at least I was learning to be

all was quiet
all was well
all was manageable...

then you came
and you talked
and you worked your way in

and you loved
and you stole
now you're gone...

i know not by choice but by necessity
but that detail changes nothing, really

now i need you most
I'm alone and confused
but where are you?
gone, but not really...

i see you on the other side
of a cheap one way mirror
distorted and foggy
are you really there?

my life was a porcelain monument
but you came in and shattered it
and now my life is in shambles
and i watch you walk away...

did you care?
do you care?
i need you so badly
in one late night
i feel i lost everything

do you know what you've done?
do you know what you've stolen?
my security, my trust,
my confidant, my heart

where do i go from here?
how do i go from here?
how do i pick up the pieces?
how do i forget?

i have no one to turn to
no one to trust
no one who understands me
no one who knows

thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment