Friday, October 1, 2010

I Miss You

i miss you

i miss your smile
with all the mysteries in the world
hiding behind it

i miss your laugh
your genuine laugh
that only emerged when you let yourself go
and let yourself be
just be

i miss the exasperated look
that i warranted so often
when my motives and intentions were hidden
from your all-seeing eyes

i miss the deep provoking thoughts you tossed my way
ever so subtly and yet so intentionally
that would grab hold of my subconscious
and shake it around until i was forced to reevaluate
the very things i understand the most
or understood...

i miss the way you knew me
the way you know me
they way no one knows me
does anyone know me?

hello, my name is ______
can we start from the beginning?
can i share with someone else?
can i open up again?
maybe i can

but i still miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment