Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oh To Live Without Fear

There's nothing I can say or do.

I'm standing in an intersection, watching the cars fly by around me in all directions.

I cannot be convinced I'm worth it.

Walking down paths backwards gets disorienting at times.

Peeling back the layers gets more painful the deeper I go.

Certainty would be nice, but seems to be evasive as of late.

I'm losing my ability to connect, stumbling away from severed connections, one after another.

I search your eyes for what I'm yearning for but only find my confused reflection.

God help me find my way.

Holding you back is propelling me forward.

The clock is ticking, decisions need to be made.

Long walks, counting rocks, kicking pebbles, eating burritos.

Memories of old combine with ones more recent, have I ever let go?

I'll wake up tomorrow a brand new girl with the same old problems and worries.

I'm just fighting the calendar at this point.

Spin the globe and I'll stop it with my eyes closed.

Comparisons are drawn; that much is inevitable.

Everything I knew has flown out the window.

Home is an illusion and security is temporary.

The warmth of your hand lasts long after you're gone.

I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment