Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stumbling On

sometimes all I can do is sit here and cry
and remember the warmth of your arms around me
and the feel of your shoulder beneath my head
how you would cradle me when I was sad
now all I have left is the memory
of the perfection of those moments

mornings are the hardest time of the day
as I lay in my bed and stare up at the ceiling
and pray to God that I'll have enough strength
to get up and put on the smile again
and push on, with a heavy heart, through the day
and i try, try, try not to think of you

I don't understand how I can keep going
when I'm stuck in the past
(am I really this pathetic?)
and I'm just so afraid you're forgetting me now
and I'll be the only one who's broken to pieces
without someone left to help reassemble me

so I cry out through the silence
and push myself on
I've always believed in pushing myself
and this time its truly paying off
I'll just trust God will give me the strength that I need
and closing my eyes, I'll keep running on
stumbling on
crawling on

No comments:

Post a Comment