Friday, May 13, 2011

Certainty's Less Certain These Days

the wind tunnel effect of my fluctuating emotions
pummel me to the ground in frustrated despair
I fight to understand that which will never be transparent
the feelings that were are the feelings most feared

what happened on that unforgotten night?
what hid behind that unforeseen kiss?
words come clean, what stands behind them?
two of us torn in polar directions

which words are real and which ones are hiding?
hold my hand tight before I let go
willing myself to keep on believing
that which I knew but is now so uncertain

the unknowns of life are what keep me on needles
the moments i miss keep me up in the night
certainty's certain is never an option
choking back words on the tip of my tongue

how long will I strain against my own chains
every new word only strengthens their grasp
saving me only would take you a moment
but moments like those seem unable to pass

No comments:

Post a Comment