Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Revelation

I'm looking for clarity in a broken mirror
as hard as I look it won't get any clearer
my future is blurry, my past is a mess
the present is pressed down hard on my chest
I try hard to swallow but can't take in air
looking for comfort when it simply isn't there

when stumbling through life backwards you're bound to trip
I'm the lone actor on this empty stage performing without a script
tell me what to do now, love, tell me what's expected
all my life I've looked elsewhere to be perfected
but perfect's not what I'm after anymore
I've a whole life ahead of me to explore

just to clarify what I mean a bit
I'm saying I'm thoroughly over it
I'm finished being your little play-thing
when in fact, to you, I'm nothing
believe it or not I can stand on my own now
I'll find my own way even if I don't yet know how

I'm listening to a call much higher than yours
I'm going after something with a passion for more
more than you can offer me and more than you can see
something freeing and obscure and something meant for me
I know i'm meant for certain things, things oft misunderstood
just because I'm told to be reasonable doesn't mean I should

No comments:

Post a Comment