Friday, May 27, 2011

Don't Try To Make Sense Of The Senseless

as a child, it all makes sense
keep between the lines and it will be alright
but one day you wake up and realize
the world isn't all black and white

everyone else gets the best of you
and I just settle for what's left
'cause honestly I want any part of you
among my friends, you're the best

maybe happy endings don't exist
maybe fairytales don't ever come true
but can't you give me a chance
to be the one that's there for you

skip the medicine, pass the poison
I know what's best but I won't have it
forget the treatment, I'll take the pain
I will not rest, I will not sit

facing giants makes me feel smaller
choosing stones passes the time
but baby you are my Goliath
and this battle is all mine

live with the feeling
go with the flow
anything could happen now
this is something you should know

life cycles keep moving on
night turns in to day
time to get up and get going
time to pretend its all okay

No comments:

Post a Comment