Friday, May 27, 2011

Practice What You Preach

I always speak of trusting God
and giving up my all
but in this matter I find that
I can't let down the wall
that I have built inside my heart
from feeling all this pain
but giving in is not defeat
its letting God remain
to be the one in charge of my
short time down here on Earth
so though I'm hurt I'll let it go
and pray for what its worth
that God will help give me the strength
to hold on if I should
or if its time to move on now
He'll make it so I could
give up this love so genuine
and deeply rooted down
inside my heart and soul and mind
before I seem to drown
in all this grief I'm carrying
I need to let it go
so God if you are listening
please hear now that I know
that I am silly just to think
that though I'm very small
I can handle holding this
impossibly large ball
of rough emotions eating me
and turning my world grey
so God please either give me strength
or take this love away

No comments:

Post a Comment