Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And I Swing Back Again

Can't you see I'm crying for my best friend?
Can't you see I'm missing your laugh?
Can't we try to turn back the clock now?
I'm not looking for a romance, dear
I'm just looking for my very closest friend

You would have been proud of me today, I think
but I can't tell you, no I can't tell you
I'm getting dizzy from turning in circles
looking for you now, looking for you now

You were always right there, just being my friend
I need a friend now, I'm missing you now
I just want to talk, to laugh, to trust
I just want to share, to listen, to learn
Hi, how was your day? Mine was good thanks for asking

People will always be there to tell you
their opinions of your life
opinions that could make you question everything
but as you ask your questions
let me ask one
was it all a mistake?
or were you ever really happy?
can you remember when we were
what we were
when we were?

Let's take a step back
into the past a minute
Let's take a long walk
Let's walk to the beach
Or sit on the stone ledge
at four in the morning
Or go to the library
and study a while

But I'll keep to myself
Its worked so long anyway
Its just hard to go back
to a life so detached
it was enough for me before
but now I know there's more

now I know there's more

No comments:

Post a Comment