Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glass Cages

Looking at the giant glass structures looming overhead
monuments to order and wealth and business
I realize that I'll always be on the other side
[the outer side that is]
gazing in and walking by but never entering
with my camera/script/guitar/pen and pad in hand
I wouldn't have it any other way
I'm the one on the outside who can keep walking
I'm the one with the emptiest pockets and the biggest smile
I'm the one who's living
You can have your fat pay check and your high status
You can keep your political standing and lofty opinions
You can hold on to your stone-carved plans and futures
You can live in your glass cages
I want more than that
I want to be free
I want to keep walking without a plan
I want to live and breathe and feel
I don't need money or practicality
I don't want structure and promises for the future
I don't need expensive things when I can find beauty in the parking meters

No comments:

Post a Comment