Saturday, June 4, 2011

To Know Me

To know me is to love me
and then to leave me
and then forget me

Its a repetitious cycle
and frankly its losing it appeal
I'm tired of this life of deja vu

If you want to know me
learn to know my art
I'm horrible at introductions

I should come with a warning label
"Will not be enough"
"Leave now before the pain kicks in"

The memories come in cycles now
I'm haunted by my own heartbreak
don't get close I'm damaged

I won't look fragile
but don't trust appearances
touch me and I'll shatter

You'd think I'd have caught on by now
I'm clearly not the brightest
but I think I got it this time

I'm tired of being played
the words won't work on me anymore
the charm's worn off, I'm blind no longer

I've developed an allergy to touch
and an aversion to connection
You call it cold, I call it smart

The girl you knew isn't here anymore
she grew a brain and a bigger force field
no one's getting that close again

No comments:

Post a Comment