Saturday, June 11, 2011

Life Maze

I find myself obsessed with the reflection of perfection
the image of lies constructed so cleverly
putting my hopes in the faulty and mirrored
racing after goals that lead to dead ends
what is the purpose of all this pursuing
do the inconsistent ends truly justify the means
what determines the finish line and who picks the runners
why am I stuck on this circular track
staring at life through a fun house reflection
disproportionate and blown up and polarized beyond recognition
where did I get this pair of shaded glasses
how did I develop this dizzying tunnel vision
arrows pointing down shadowed alleyways
promising rewards of gold plated medals
dreams that rust and tarnish and fade
I'm done chasing after a fairytale ending
I'm finished aspiring for the dreams of another
it's time to start living for goals of my own now
it's time to meet myself as myself without others
wholly and unapologetically and bravely and true

No comments:

Post a Comment