Monday, June 6, 2011

The Neverending

I hope one day I'll know what I did wrong
You gave your all
but so did I
the words you now speak to her
echo all the things you used to say to me
each one a stabbing pain
a memory fading
you say I took advantage
but won't tell me of what
I only tried my best to love
you called me a blessing
you called me your best friend
you told me I was good for you
why the lies?
I would have done anything for you
how is that taking advantage
I would have died for you
how is that taking advantage
if you'd once opened your mouth
and let the truth emerge
if you'd once opened up
and let me know how to love you best
There was no game
I was only trying
to be the best I could for you
I gave you my trust my hope
my love my heart
I gave you my care and let you in
farther than anyone I've ever known
what didn't I give?
I took what you gave me
but you gave it to me, after all
and I gave it all back
so what went wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment