Monday, June 6, 2011

Curtain Call

What's most sad to me
is that my love isn't past tense
but I've always been one that was
easily forgotten

I'm crawling along now
still putting together the pieces
to a puzzle that won't fit
and make a pretty picture

I've got to give up this
crazy dream inside my head
because they don't come true
I've learned that full well

In truth, a Princess doesn't need
anyone around her
because if no one's there to start with
no one can leave either

I think I'm missing a crucial something
that makes my love binding
because when I gave it all
it still couldn't take hold

Maybe I have an emotional block
that won't let my care be apparent
I do believe some people are meant to be alone
I suppose I may be one of them

Every word I spoke was true
every time I said those three
and more and more I meant them all
so now I'm unsure what to do

If I couldn't convince him they were real
I might as well not try again
because I had never tried so hard
I don't think I have it in me

I think I'll take my bows now
as gracefully as a dying Princess can
hold on to what's left of my tiara
sweep up my tattered gown

I'll leave behind the wreckage
that my love apparently causes
and lock up my destructive heart
from causing future pain [on both parts]

I'm finished with this fairytale
I'm finished dreaming these dreams
I am incapable, I am a failure
I am a nightmare, I am not real

Let yourself forget me
wake up from the nightmare I was
I'll still be here loving, missing
but don't let me hold you back anymore

Just know my love isn't past tense
just know I truly deeply cared
just know I would have died for you
Just know you're still my closest friend

No comments:

Post a Comment