Friday, June 10, 2011

Ultimate Artist

Look at a sunset and tell me God's not an artist
Listen to the birds sing and tell me God's not a musician
Watch the seasons take their turns and tell me God's not a director
The ultimate Artist, Musician, Director
Before you tell me I'm silly, unreasonable, pathetic
Before you tell me I'm stupid, unrealistic, lazy
Before you tell me I'm unmotivated, hopeless, lost
Remember
We are artists, musicians, directors
Our art pales in comparison to that of the ultimate Artist
But we are artists nonetheless
We have been called by the ultimate Artist
To display the beauty of the world in every way we can
To you it may seem trite
But I promise you its not
So before you insult our calling
Before you rebuke us for actually living while you wither away
Before you discard us as wasted potential
Remember
We are artists after the heart of The Artist
And that is absolutely nothing at which to scoff

No comments:

Post a Comment