Friday, June 17, 2011

Blink

I saw you in my dreams again last night
watching me, haunting me
I really shouldn't miss you but I do

Life is too short for all of this
too short for holding regrets
too short for petty bitterness
and far too short to hold on to
people who aren't there

we can blink and we're gone
all the things we worked for
all the dreams that we dreamt
all the plans that we made
blink
gone

We get caught up in the temporary
we live in it, breathe in it
can't even see past the arbitrary
but all it takes is a simple
blink
gone

I need to focus because I refuse
to blink my life away
I will not get caught up in the inconsequential
not any longer
I'm focused, I'm forward
I'm getting over you

You were my goal but it wasn't enough
you were my dream but I blinked

blink
gone

No comments:

Post a Comment