Sunday, June 5, 2011

Poison

I built up a future around an idea
that crumbled and faded and melted away
I depended too greatly
I fell a little too hard

I can see through it now
What was once a wall is only a screen
everything's clearer and I can breathe easy
the lies have all washed clean

Be free, my love
learn who you are
follow your passions
be fantastic, because you are

Spread your wings and fly
find the love I couldn't give
I wish only the best for you, my dear
and I know now that's not me

You were my dream come true
and I was your nightmare
but don't give up on better dreams
because I'm waking up now

You freed my mind and captivated my soul
I loved with a love so strong and pure
you were my saving grace and blessing
so I have to let you go to find better

I always knew I was nothing
but I thank you for the gentle lies
and the encouragement that got me through
I will forever be grateful to you

Try to remember me not as a poison
but as a misguided friend
who cared so deeply
but failed to show it

No comments:

Post a Comment